Andrew Otwell, MS
Head Strength Coach, Conditioning Coach
Andrew's favorite thing about Hardpressed is getting people to lift heavy because it's something most people are afraid to do.
Andrew enjoys training clients who are willing to work and learn. He says, "I want to help people improve their lives. The best way to do that is to instill confidence and a hard work ethic in my clients. Once they have that, it's time to get to the next level."
Education and Experience
· MS Education & Exercise Physiology at Northern Illinois ‘12
· BS Psychology at University of Arizona ‘07
· Assistant Strength/Conditioning Coach, University of Illinois at Chicago
· Assistant Strength/Conditioning Coach, UNC at Greenboro
· Assistant Strength/Conditioning Coach, Indiana Pacers NBA
· Olympic Sports Performance Intern, Northwestern University
· Olympic Sports Performance Intern, University of Michigan
· NSCA – CSCS
· USAW – SPC
· NASM – CES
Andrew Outside the Weightroom
In his free time, Andrew likes to hang out with his 2 year old son, Slade. His favorite thing to do is read with his son and help him with his adventures. He also likes to get in whatever sleep he can!
He is open to try any extreme sport or any activity that involves being outdoors. Fun fact about Andrew: he has wrestled alligators!
Andrew's favorite food is Chicago style pizza or burgers.
He was born in Miami, FL and grew up in Naperville, IL. He currently resides in Woodridge, IL with his wife and son.
"As a former Division I Athlete, with experience being trained in the weight room, I felt like I had a pretty good grasp on proper form and technique. However, when I trained with Andrew, I learned so much more about proper, safe weight lifting and was able to take my strength training to the next level. Andrew is very observant, knowledgeable and experienced. Within one session, he was able to correct my squat form, so that I no longer experience lower back pain. This small adjustment has allowed me to progress and hip press more weight each and every session.”
- Janina Locascio, Physician Assistant, Dietitian