Meet Our Team
We take a team approach to personal strength training. Your personalized workouts are kept track of on Hardpressed’s own custom app so every coach is up to date on your progress. They understand that no two bodies are alike and will work with you to get fit at the right pace.
- MS Exercise Physiology at Eastern Michigan ’05
- BS Kinesiology at University of Michigan ’02
- University of Michigan Football Assistant Strength Coach ’03-’05
- University of Michigan Athletics Student Strength Coach ’01-’03
- University of Illinois-Chicago Assistant Strength Coach ’05-’06
Get to know Dan
GUILTY PLEASURE: The TV Show UnReal….It is on Lifetime. It is such a good show, seriously. Also, I love Christmas like a 6-year-old.
FAVORITE FOOD: coffee. It makes up 50% of my diet. Steaks would make up the rest if it were more economically viable.
FAVORITE PART OF HP: Teaching people who never thought they could strength train on any level to do so in a way that is incredibly challenging. I believe that most people want to work hard, they just need the tools and instruction to truly do so, which is what we at Hardpressed provide.
- MS Kinesiology at Bowling Green ’02
- BS Exercise Science at Miami University ’00
- University of Tennessee: Associate Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Womens’ Athletics ’08-’12; Associate Strength & Conditioning Coach, Womens’ Athletics ’06-’08; Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach, Womens’ Athletics ’03-’06
- Bowling Green State University: Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach ’02-’03 Graduate Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach ’01-’02
- Southeast Missouri State University: Graduate Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach ’00-’01
Get to know Collin
GUILTY PLEASURE: Ice cream. I'll eat any type of ice cream at any time...day or night.
FAVORITE FOOD: BBQ. I've lived in and visited several different BBQ hot-spots, so I consider myself quite the connoisseur.
FAVORITE PART OF HP: The clients. To me, they are more than just clients. They are people whose lives I get an opportunity to make an impact on in such a positive way. Even if only for a small moment, working with someone to achieve fitness goals and do things that they never even considered possible is such a gratifying experience. To get to share in the joy of both physical and mental successes is what keeps me coming back every morning at 5:30.
- B.S. Exercise Science Ball State University
Get to know Kyle
GUILTY PLEASURE: Watching one tree hill
FAVORITE FOOD: Faith's Enchiladas
FAVORITE PART OF HP: Being able to push each client as far as they can go. Maybe not on each and every exercise, but I will get you at least once.
- BS Kinesiology University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- CPT, USAW-Sports Performance coach, NASM- PES
- Intern Strength/Conditioning Coach, University of Illinois
- Assistant Strength/Conditioning Coach, Niles West High school
Get to know Josh
GUILTY PLEASURE: Ice cream
FAVORITE FOOD: Taco's
FAVORITE PART OF HP: Being able to push people to their limits in such a short period of time.
- MS Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago
- BS Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Intern Strength & Conditioning Coach, UIC
- Intern EFT Sports Performance
- NSCA - CSCS
- NASM - CPT
Get to know Brandon
GUILTY PLEASURE: Finding a new show and binge watching all the seasons.
FAVORITE FOOD: Chinese food
FAVORITE PART OF HP: The Hardpressed community. Everyone, from all of our clients, to the coaches, and staff make being a coach here a very rewarding experience.
- BS Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Coursework in Exercise Programming, Human Anatomy and Physiology
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer
- Personal Trainer at LA Fitness 2014 - 2015
Get to know Rich
GUILTY PLEASURE: Reese’s peanut butter cups
FAVORITE FOOD: Pasta, just about any kind really
FAVORITE PART OF HP: Being able to coach clients at such a high level
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) Trainer Certification
- Group Fitness Instructor of over 4 years
- Nationally Qualified NPC Figure Competitor
Get to know Mariah
GUILTY PLEASURE: Traveling and tattoos!
FAVORITE FOOD: Donuts, of course.
FAVORITE PART OF HP: The welcoming community.
- B.S Kinesiology and Exercise Science, Eastern Illinois University
- Dynamic Sports Training Intern
- University of Houston Track and Field member
- NSCA Certified
- CSCS Certified
Get to know Peter:
GUILTY PLEASURE: Caffeine (especially coffee and Coca-Cola).
FAVORITE FOOD: Baby Back Ribs and French Fries.
FAVORITE PART OF HP: helping people get to where they want to be physically and mentally and changing lives.
- BA Exercise Science at Concordia University Chicago
- High school varsity wrestling coach at Walther Christian Academy
- Personal trainer at XSport Fitness
Get to know Brent
FAVORITE PART OF HP: